Fashion, a general term for a currently popular style or practice, especially in clothing, foot wear, or accessories. Fashion references to anything that is the current trend in look and dress up of a person. ~Wikipedia.




So, what is Fashion to you? I've listed a few directions/thoughts/meanings, pick yours.


1. Fashion? "I just wear whatever I've got clean in my closet. Comfort first, I'll buy whatever is cheapest and just throw it on. Oh, and isn't Vogue a dance style?". Erhmmm...


2. I follow the styles around me..whatever is in the shops and I happen to like it-even if  it does NOT suit your body type at ALL-I'll buy it and wear it. It's not such a big deal really, might open the Vogue, if it happens to be on the table at a cafe(not caring what year it's from.. May 2004..perfect! not). 


3. Vogue? Yeah, right. I'm alternative, you see. I don't follow a fashion magazine, I don't follow anything or anyone except my own two feet to the flea markets and vintage stores. I'm oh so very different, you see. I wear the whole "1950's pin up girl/my grandma's whole closet on me right now/ bohemian shabby chiq-look". Cause am just so cool..like, seriously.  


4. OMG- "I buy everything, and anything that I see on Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, because they're such an inspiration". Vogue is my bible, literally. I pray to Anna Wintour every night, and say grace before every carb free meal, too". Overlyoverthetop-Follow fashion like your dog follows you-blindly, awaiting a treat. 


5. I love Fashion. I love waking up in the morning, picking out something creative and expressive from my closet. My style reveals my emotions. Eyes are said to be the windows to the Soul, to me Fashion/Style is the key to the door of the Soul. I read about fashion, in blogs, in Vogue, I study the history of it because it's fascinating. I build my own style through the passing fashion. It has simply become a part of me. "Style stays while fashion fades"~Coco Chanel. So build your own everlasting style.


Where do you stand with Fashion? Whether it be a mix of a couple of these or ultimately one of them, let me know. I'm intrigued.


Fashion is everywhere, it's moving right around us, all the time. It's fast, super quick, you might not catch it. So study it, look at your surroundings, people around you are all telling you something about themselves. 












Never feel inexpressive about expressing yourself through fashion.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top